With houseplants almost being an intrinsic part of any good interior design scheme, it’s good to broaden our knowledge about these plants. Given their variety, colour, texture and nature of these beautiful resilient plants, succulents are some of the most popular indoor plants today. Let’s take a look at the Zebra Cactus or Haworthia today.
Haworthias are almost always small and very slow-growing plants but tend to look really attractive in unusual containers or interesting soil mixes. Here are some ten fun facts about the Zebra Haworthia:
- There are more than 700 species of Haworthia, the Zebra Cactus is just one of them.
- They are really slow-growing succulents, hence very popular as a houseplant or table top indoor plant as they are always mostly low maintenance.
- Haworthias are not poisonous to people, cats or dogs.
- They are really compact plants so can be easily grouped in different sized containers. They look brilliant in different soil mixes as well.
- It is used in cosmetic preparations, like hand creams, shampoo and suntan lotions.
- Haworthia has medicinal properties as it produces aloe so it is soothing if applied to burns, cuts and also sunburn.
- These are succulents not Cacti and its name is derived from the horizontal zebra looking stripes.
- This plant is happiest where it can receive plenty of sun or bright light.
- These plants are native to South Africa.
- These lovely succulents make very easy to care for gifts suitable both for the office environment and home as well.
Let’s look at some stylish ways you can display this lovely succulent.